Suzy Peaches' Fruit Basket (Issues #5 and #6)

Enrich to Outreach



Hey guys, sorry I have been incognito for a bit, had so much work to do it has been unreal. I’m glad that you enjoyed my facetious promenade down Singleton Street and a very big thank you to everyone that filled in the grid. I feel it served its purpose of prompting you to cogitate on your attitude towards your personal life.

I’ll try as much as possible not to pontificate my views, which are inextricable from my biblical beliefs.


Summary of Grid: I could see that we do not refer to our single status disparagingly but rather embrace it. It was also evident that we are looking to learn from our experiences, which are invariably preparing us for our move into Coupleville.

What next – Find love. As Lady A rightly stated in affairs of the heart it is important concentrate on self-development and improvement. We all say we are “Looking for Love” but do you realise the converse needs to be true. You are also the love that someone else is looking for and if you were to find you would you call you love. Let me re-phrase that would you want to spend the rest of your life with you?



My Thought
Our Model for Finding Love:
  1. Find the right person
  2. Fall in love
  3. Unconsciously fix our hopes & dreams on this person and be disappointed when they fail us.
  4. If failure repeatedly occurs repeat steps 1, 2, & 3


God’s Model for Love:

  1. Become the right person by mimicking God
  2. Walk in love
  3. Fix your hope on God and seek to please him through your relationship with others
  4. If failure occurs repeat steps 1, 2 & 3.

The Word


“Therefore, be imitators of God as beloved children. Walk and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and a sacrifice to God”. Eph. 5:1-2 (for more read chapter 4:31 – 32).

I’m sure you are wondering why I have put a spiritual spin on this
relationship issue. In response I ask you this question – Can you separate God
& Life?


The key to finding the right person, is not finding the right person, but by becoming the right person. We must consciously stop ourselves from waiting to be completed by someone else and instead realize that only God can provide what each of us needs to be complete. So from today let us try hard to become imitators of God and Walk in Love and in so doing, the intentional and sacrificial love Paul was referring to, which wills and provides us what is best, will follow.

Beginning today abandon the mindset of searching for love and instead start making a conscious effort to moving away from the way we are accustomed to finding love which focuses too much on finding the right person or modelling someone into the person we want. This model problematically places too much emphasis on finding the right person, and isolates our task of becoming the right people, and God’s role in creating and keeping the relationship.


Meditation for the Week


1 Corinthians 13 : 4 - 7


Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.


Now replace Love & it with your name – and read out loud.


Suzy is patient and kind. Suzy is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Suzy does not demand its own way. Suzy is not irritable, and Suzy keeps no record of being wronged. Suzy does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Suzy never gives up, never loses faith, Suzy is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.


Are these statements still true? I guess we all have our work cut out. Till next week its Suzy here saying …………… Love till love finds you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So so true, I wish people will read this and take heed. You need to read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 in the Amplified Version of the Bible and apply it to yourself, a real eye/heart-opener!

Perfectly Human said...

Ok, anonymous reader here...i always enjoy reading your blog!
About this post, recently i've noticed a change in the way i handle love...i'm currently in a relationship and i must admit i've handled it in the wrongest ways sometimes. I'm much familiar with that bible verse and before when i read it i always thought i understood it well but was quite surprised when i realised i go against everything that it says. I haven't sought any human help but made a quiet resolve to be better and when i catch myself veering off i just withdraw and say a quick prayer. Some people might say, girl it's not that serious, but when it comes to matters of the heart it's better to be guarded than to beat yourself up later. Pretty much what i'm trying to say is love is all that and more.
Nice post!!

Anonymous said...

This is my first time reading your blog. I must admit I am not one to sit and read but I truely enjoyed reading this post.

I believe (especially women) we rush into wanting Mr Right but all we get is Mr Right Now. I just started a new relationship that i feel is very different from my past ones. The main difference is that we include God in the relationship. Dont worry I am not a preacher but I am soo impressed and inspired by this post I thot I had to say something.

Forgive me if I am not making any sense, its the first time I am ever leaving a comment on a blog.

Keep up the Good work.

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

good post missy

Aramide said...

Very nice model I have to say, I replaced my name with Love....a lot of things I don't always do e.g. always hopeful, keeps no record of being wronged but learning now :o)

Anonymous said...

Insightful Post uve got here.
Im getting married!!


Job Vacancies in Nigeria

Anonymous said...

louis vuitton bags will surely look good on just about anything, and can be used from day till night while on a little get together party. This Monogram Vernis is in blue galactic, pink and sunset orange colors, which are both striking and stylish looking. Each of Monogram Watercolor carries a tag of $855, which is somewhat low-priced for such Patent leather handbag.