Blog On....


Long long time ago, I can still remember that I meant to post a few things up....but then I got carried away with other stuff to share tra la la la ... So here goes:

MISSOSOLOGY:

During my usual spider-spinning online, I stumbled across some site www.missosology.org which is a collection of all the Miss X's i.e. Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss Earth, Miss International - yeah sad I know...like how many do they want to bl**dy have? Ah, well there must be a reason. I reserve my comments on beauty pageants.

They just held the Miss Universe recently - sadly Miss Nigeria didn't win (see Bella's post) but I bring you the Nigerian Missosologies - click on their pics to read their profiles.

Tienepre Oki - Miss Nigeria - Miss Universe '06.



Omowunmi Akinnifesi - Miss Nigeria - Miss World '05.



(Miss World '06 coming soon) - sneak preview of Miss Nigeria - Miss World '06: Abiola Bashorun



Ethel Okosuns - Miss Nigeria - Miss Earth '06



Mona on Blogger AS Miss Nigeria - Miss International '05/'06 (teehee)


They didn't have a Miss Nigeria so I opted in for it :P

Anywhoo, I can imagine how all this would get to their heads, especially the winners, imagine a title like sexiest woman alive - see her pic on the website here. All this makes me want to puke lol I just had to blurt it out. RE - Miss International Queen - no comment! Go to www.pageantopolis.com if you want to see more titles or even enter.

Gosh! I may sound strange but my defence is that I was never into Barbies anyway, more into the talking computer or abacus.


AFROPUFFS:


And lastly, something to leave you guys with, one of the most random things I spotted on the web, Jamaican proverbs - http://afropuffs.net/ click on ONWARD on the front page.

Needless to say my sides hurt from so much laughter!

Peace and Blessings (my new neo-soul saying...more later) xxx

11 comments:

Bella Naija said...

mona congrats on ur title....lol....this beauty queen stuff is getting ridiclous...there is miss commonwealth, miss malaika, miss tourism nigeria, queen afrique etc.....all in nigeria...

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it; what is the essence of these beauty contests?

Social Responsibility, Entertainment or Commercialization?

When this is answered succinctly, then it will be easier to understand the proliferations.....

Aramide said...

they claim all 3 i.e. entertainmennt, social responsibility, commercialization......sometimes even in aid of charity....but somehow seems a lil phoney or a bit of a money making scheme... re - miss congeniality

Anonymous said...

Yo Mona...

That Omowunmi (aka Queen) girl was in Funlola's set in QC.

Little did we know then that she would go on to become Miss Nigeria! Woo hoo!!!

Mwah

xxx

zaiprincesa said...

Na wa oh..all i have to say is..."WORLD PEACE"..lol..Miss Congeniality...

chrome said...

more pictures i say. been busy eh miss spider? keep spinning. we'll keep getting trapped

bless sisteren (got your neo-soul headwrap and oversized shades on?)

Aramide said...

Just got a message from a friend saying: I know why miss nigeria lost miss universe, her interview was sh*t...aaargh....watching it is making me mad. She is so NOT articulate. And what nonsense national costume was she wearing?

Mari said...

Like there arent other contestants who dont speak perfect english, dont use an interpreter but still make it as far as becoming semi-finalists. Some of these pagents are _________ (insert negative adjective)!
Well I didnt watch the show so I cant judge but thats not a good excuse.

laspapi said...

hello mona,
went to the Afro puffs site. Was quite funny.

TMinx said...

Oh Mona Im so pround of you! congratssss!

Anonymous said...

Lol!
Nice picture! and nice title!
Hahaha!!!