Good Weekend Updated!




...........Yep it's Monday Morning. Hope everyone had a good weekend? I know it was excellent for some, the likes of
TaureanMinx and DonChiChi and everyone else who attended the ThisDay Music Festival.

ThisDay online has some news on the concert here and don't forget to watch out for ChiChi's experience at the concert on his Entertainment Briefly blog and I'm sure Bella will have something up about it soon.

As for me, my weekend was fun fun, I partied woohoo!

Have a nice week and I will be back here with my iPod, Podcasts and Apple Store post soon (I'm still frustrated about that o, I have not forgotten lol)



Update Oh: Let's just say I really didn't think the ThisDay Music Festival would be "ALL THAT" but apparently it was!! As inn I am deeply and truly pained, I really honestly want to cry that I didn't go but I am happy for Nigeria that it went well. I will advise you to See Bella Naija's blog for pics but read Don Chi's E Brief! for a full account, while I have the Amebo/Gist that they didn't seem to add on to theirs (wink wink) see below:


  • Where should I even start? The performance was too mad i.e. Jay-Z's that a street has been named after him in Kwara state - Shawn "jay z " Carter Street near the University.
  • Busta Rhymes apparently yapped George Bush and Tony Blair saying they were told Africans were suffering but he sees us enjoying. And why not? Apparently people pulled up in Rolls', Phantoms, Ranges, Bentleys, S 500's and everything, the people that came with Jigga were so tripped!
  • Jay-Z was meant to perform for 30 minutes but he stayed for 2 hours! They had to tell him to stop and he was so fascinated the crowd knew all the lyrics to his songs that he was just throwing everything at them!
  • Snoop was high on not just the crowd alone - Go Figure!
  • Missy refused to perform on stage and that she entered the crowd.
  • Bank MDs and big boys in Gidi, senators and governors were just dancing like mad.
  • And finally, Beyonce's version of our National Anthem was off the hook! Can't wait to hear it (sniff!)
  • Pics from Jay and B's UN Africa Tour here



Beyonce and Jay Z pic courtesy of beyonceworld.net via Dammie

13 comments:

Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said...

Thanx for the blog love as always hon but my post is looooooooooooooooong! Someone sha read it. Whew. Enjoy.

Bella Naija said...

miss mona....yeah, the concert was too mad! too freakin bad i missed it but i have the pics up so enjoy...

Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said...

where'd u get pics? this babe u dangerous o!

TMinx said...

My blog is updated too..sorry for the wait..technical difficulties. Check out day 2 of the show tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

ahn ahn..miss mona!!..it be like say u secretly attended the show, or u HAD SPIES THERE!...lol..how did u get all this info..??i give u ur props...U R GOOD!..Nice one....

Toni Payne said...

lmao@ Snoop Dogg being high.

Mari said...

abi where did all this extra gist come from Mona? Very nice. Glad it was a success.

nosa101 said...

I can see we represented, BIG TIME.

Anonymous said...

Nice one on the inside scoop... Snoop was on tha purple

Anonymous said...

Whattttttttttt...GO KWARA!!!!......LoL!!!!!!!

YES...I AM FROM KWARA state, Thank You very much...Infact i need to go and build a house on that street...fast fast!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......LoL

Anonymous said...

oh whao... it soundz sooooo fun!!!

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

sad.. i missed out

Anonymous said...

Hi there! i just wanted to invite you and your chain of friends to a new forum for africans to meet,discuss on various issues, network and learn from one another.
This forum is powered by nigerians and ghanians and we want to it be powered by all africa...it will be for fun, business connections, networking and advertising, relationships(romance/cordial) advice and possible dating hookups, and so many others things. Of course, its for matured people only. here is the forum address : www.oneafrika.net. join and start making use of the forum any best way you can ;)