Ooooh, check you out Nigeria!


On Tuesday, May 16th, there was an FT supplement dedicated to Nigeria. I thought that was sooo cool, a whole “Nigerian” section in the Financial Times. Bodacious! In retrospect, it had articles about things such as:

* Politics getting in the way of reform.

* $400bn missing from the economy.

* The oil price boom.

* How EFCC Chairman's job is more dangerous than the streets of BAGHDAD!

And lastly, our dear Presido staring at us on the Front page.

Hmm now I don't know whether to be happy or sad, most of the news wasn't great.....so much for Naija being cool (hence the pic - hehe random I know). You can find the report here.

Also, Is dating a job part 2 has now been uploaded. It’s based on Naija weddings and is titled "the circus is coming to town" so check Chichi’s writing out.

9 comments:

Pilgrimage to Self said...

ooohhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy goooooooodddddddddnnnnneeeeeesssssss!!! That photo takes me way back!! I can almost swear it was the album cover for the 'Sweet Mother' record. I could be wrong though. Nice one!

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

LOL. those shoes are hilarious! especially on a guy!

Onada - Fashion and Photography said...

by the way nawa for the onada ruchus you started on shutterchance! Suby is like he knows what it means. lets see. LOL.

Stop looking for trouble on my blog. i posted a message for you along with tomorrow's picture :)
love ya

Anonymous said...

Very cool blog.

Don Chi as Blog Marley a.k.a. El Senor Supremo said...

That's a mad pic hon and as a Political Scientist (yeah, right!); I will help run your campaign, Destination: that WHITE HOUSE in Aso Villa cuz your Naija Love has to put you in office, for real.

That pic is fab. A classic if I ever saw one. Only my favorite razzo could dig that one up ;) You know it's all love B. Good looks.

PS - All this PR gonna cost me love? Good looking out on that one too. Highly appreciated.

Aramide said...

Thanks ppls and thanks Chichi for the props :o) That pic is a classic!

Nkem said...

Are you kidding me! I missed that edition of the FT, I'll see if I can dig it out in my office. Plus, I have that cd! One of my favourite cds of all time. Lagos must have been a funky ass place in the 70s. To quote a line from the cd: "Chop, if you get belle to put am"

Nkem said...

Argh, someone's eaten it. Found the paper, but no supplement. Someone ate it. Not a happy bunny.

Anonymous said...

Why do you love louis vuitton ? If you're like most brand enthusiasts, you're probably drawn to their exclusivity, prestige, and trend-setting style. We all want to invest in Show Spring Summer 2009 that are durably crafted to stand the test of time, but let be honest -- there's more to their appeal than just practicality. In addition to ensuring that your Stephen Sprouse Collection is sturdy and well-made, you also want Suhali Leather a chic accessory that will turn heads as you head down a busy city street.