Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Brussels, 13-14 December 2007
If you want to boost your career and are looking for the best international jobs, apply now for this prestigious Event.
30 blue-chip companies represented by more than 200 recruiters will be recruiting for positions throughout Europe over the two-day event, consisting of pre-scheduled interviews, spontaneous interviews and company presentations. It provides a unique opportunity for you to meet with leading HR Directors and Senior Business Representatives from various organisations.
Application deadline: October 31st 2007
Apply online at: www.careersineurope.com/event
Find more details attached and on our website www.careersineurope.com
This is a response to Kanye's - We Don't Care
A Younger Awilo (not really) lol
A Very Young Erykah Badu (with all the attitude you can get!)
A Cute Baby Tupac! LOL
A little Beyonce
LOLOL What do you guys think?
Anyway, back to Naij.....as always :o) I got this from a friend and decided to share with those who weren't aware LOL
Introducing - The NNPC Floating Filling Station Project
Before you ask any questions, click on the image below for a link to the website.
Happy Reading :o)
Saturday, October 27, 2007
All about South Africa this weekend
South Africa wins Rugby world cup final - read here
Lucky Dube murdered in Jo'burg on the 18th of October (in front of his kids....sad) - read here.
Click here for Lucky Dube music (R.I.P)
MIMI Magazine - a voice for African women
The not so new magazine with contributions from both South Africans and Nigerians.
Website - http://www.mimimagazine.com/
Blog - http://mimimagazine.blogspot.com/
Check out the pic below - PAYING FOR FOOD IN ZIMBABWE (really sad, let us continue to pray for Zimbs as well as Nig)
HR Africa (2007) summit (**For HR directors and staff**) in Johannesburg from the 26th - 29th of November. Visit website for more info.
Introducing......Jerusha (S.A. artist)
Check out her Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/jerushamusic
Finally, the first African VJ on MTVBase Africa - South African Sizwe Dhlomo (click on picture to read about him)
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Here are some pictures from the video shoot:
I have the song here for you to grab!
Not sure if everyone has heard about Emirates' new First Class Suites on their Boeing 777-300ER's and 777-200LR's? It was highlighted as blogworthy by Naijanaz.
Forget the perks oh:
- Fine leather and walnut with electric doors
- 23 inch widescreen with the ice system
- 1000+ channels of on-demand entertainment
- In-seat laptop with email
- Wireless remote control to control all functions in the suite
- 78" fully flat bed with mattress and duvet
Another press release says:
The slogan says - Relax, you've arrived! Hmm I hope the passengers can choose when they want to get off the plane (i.e. in 3 weeks time or...)
Read more about it at the Nigerian Tribune
Home made helicopters are born as a Kano University physics undergraduate (age - 24) takes old cars and motorbikes and builds his own helicopters - read more here
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Black Eyed Peas in Lagos pics
Performed at the ThisDay ARENA in Lagos on the 14th of October.
Celeb Takes 2 Commercial
Theatre @ Terra every Sunday! (click for details)
Time out Nigeria now available -
Where You can Buy (National & International)
1. NU METRO MEDIA - Silverbird Galleria, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos,The Palms Shopping Mall, Lekki Epe Expressway, Lekki, LagosCeddi Plaza, 264 Tafawa Balewa Way, Central Business District, Abuja
2. THIS DAY MEDIA STORE - The Palms Shopping Mall, Lekki Epe Expressway, Lekki, Lagos
3. TERRA KULTURE - Plot 1376 Tiamiyu Salvage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
4. PARK N SHOP - 47 Adeola Odeku Street, Victoria Island, LagosMobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja740 Aminu Kano Crescent Road, Wuse II, AbujaGuru Plaza, 97 Aba Road, Port HarcourtShell Compound, Bonny IslandShell Compound, Warri
5. GLENDORA BOOKSTORES -Shop C4, Falomo Shopping Centre, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, LagosJazz Hole, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, LagosMurtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja, Lagos
6. BOOKWORM - Eko Hotel Shopping Complex, 2 Ajose Adeogun, Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
7. QUINTESSENCE - Shop C6 and C7 Falomo Shopping Centre, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos
8. TIME OUT NIGERIA - Shop 008, Golden Plaza, Falomo, Ikoyi, Lagos
9. GAME - The Palms Shopping Centre, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos
10. LA POINTE SUPERMARKET - Plot 1297, Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
11. FEDERAL PALACE HOTELS - 6-9 Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island Lagos
12. SHERATON HOTEL AND TOWERSOFI PHARMACY- Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way,Ikeja, Lagos
b) THE GIFT SHOP- Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos
13. THE BMS SPA - 4 Magbon Close, Off Machpherson Road, ikoyi Lagos
14. THE GUARDIAN - Rutam House, Isolo- Oshodi Expressway, Lagos
1. TIME OUT - Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 7AB, Tel- +44 (0) 207 813 3000
2. WHSMITHS, London Retail Branches
3. WHSMITHS - HEATHROW AIRPORT
4..WHSMITHS - GATWICK AIRPORT
5.. JFK AIRPORT, NEW YORK
Some stuff to look out for in this edition:
. Sight's and attractions in Lagos.
NEW MAG - NOLLYWORLD PLUS
Info Coming soon...... (Can't believe they beat me to it - grrr)
Friday, October 19, 2007
i) Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?
There was an interview on CBS news (taken off the web) where Mark (one of the presenters) attacked and prodded Janet Jackson about flashing her boobie at the Superbowl although the interview was about the upcoming movie. Tyler Perry was very mature and manly about it and defended her by changing the topic with every unnecessary question asked and making them aware they were there for a 'Movie Interview'. Watch Mark apologise here.
The movie also finished first at the box office and is projected to rake in a whopping $23m. Whoa! Nice one Tyler
ii) Chris Brown, Regina King and Mekhi Phiffer in This Christmas
You can check out the official site at www.sony.com/ThisChristmas
iii) Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe in American Gangster
The movie is the inspiration for Jay-Z's upcoming album. It features Denzel Washington portraying Frank Lucas (wikipedia), a real-life heroin kingpin from Manhattan who smuggled heroin into the country in the coffins of American soldiers returning from the Vietnam War. Russell Crowe portrays Richie Roberts, a detective who brings down Lucas's drug empire.
Have a good weekend :o) Updates on Sunday or Late Saturday.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Pics of Tuface recovering in his hospital Bed
Courtesy - lindaikeji.blogspot.com
“Samsung is excited to support an iconic performer like Beyonce with this new and vibrant device,” said Peter Skarzynski, Senior Vice President at Samsung Telecommunications America.
“The B’Phone offers an attractive and glamorous update to our music-centric lineup, along with content you can’t find anywhere else on a mobile phone.”
Hmm Na wa oh - how corny! I take it Samsung want to marry her then? (See her video commercial for Samsung here)
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
I guess calling it Black Hollywood isn't politically correct but I don't know what is :o) :o)
There are quite a number but I've zoomed in on eight of these couples and don't they look cute?
i) Ashanti and Nelly (Been dating since 2003)
ii) Kelis and Nas (they look so in love :o)) [Dated since 2002 and married in 2005]
iii) Serena Williams and Jackie Long (Been dating since May 2007)
iv) Beyonce and Jay-Z (still coming on strong) [Been dating since 2002]
vi) Alexis Phifer and Kanye West (Been dating since 2002)
vii) Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri (nice) [Been dating since 2001]
viii) Last but not the least - Omarion and Bow Wow (NOT REALLY LOL)